About the Journal
"Educazione Aperta" was founded in 2017, taking up the legacy of the "Educazione Democratica" journal. Until number 5, it was directed by Antonio Vigilante and Paolo Vittoria; from number 6, it has been directed by Mariateresa Muraca and Paolo Vittoria. Paolo Fasce has been Editor-in-chief since the first issue.
"Educazione Aperta" is rated “A” by the Italian Academic Research Evaluation Agency (ANVUR) for the following scientific areas: 11/D1 (Pedagogy and History of Pedagogy) and 11/D2 (Didactics, Special Pedagogy and Educational Research). The journal is also included in the list of scientific journals of area 11.
Publisher: Fasi di Luna, via Celentano, 54, 70121 Bari. Tel: 0805247110
Registration at the Court of Bari n.8 (28 March 2017).
ISSN 2532-3091 (paper) | 2785-079X (digital)
"Educazione Aperta" is an expression of the Educazione Aperta Research Community (CREA), divided into three cooperative groups: the Editorial Board, the International Scientific Board, and the International Board of Reviewers.
The Editorial Board
The International Scientific Board
The International Board of Reviewers
Open access statement
Educazione Aperta is an open access journal, which means all its content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author as long as they cite the source.The journal is licensed by Creative Commons Attribution International CC-BY
Authors retain the copyright and full publishing rights without restrictions.
Description of peer review process
The “Primopiano” [Featured] and “Esperienze e Studi" [Experiences and Studies] sections undergo double-blind peer review.
The peer review process consists of the following steps:
1) after acknowledging receipt of the article, the Editorial Board makes an initial assessment based on the relevance of the topic and the overall quality of the contribution.
2) If it passes the first evaluation, the article is sent to at least one anonymous reviewer who is an expert in the relevant field of study.
3) Within about two months, the decision of the reviewer(s) is communicated to the author. The evaluation may have the following outcomes:
- article accepted.
- article accepted with request for minor changes.
- article accepted with request for substantial changes.
- article rejected.
4) Once the evaluation is positive and the requested changes have been made, the article is published in the first available issue.
Authors and reviewers are invited to review the journal's Manifesto and Code of Ethics.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice
"Educazione Aperta" publishes articles in Italian, English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.